Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pelican

Last Tuesday we went to Pelican with Geoffrey, Dana, and Eli. I had told Dana that we'd go, and then I found out that it was a 16-hour day trip. Let me tell you, I was dreading going because I figured that Marie wouldn't handle it well. She was absolutely fine the whole time. And it was so pretty. We had good company too! I got a little carried away with the pictures on this one - I just couldn't get it down to 4 or 5 pictures!

Not sure what they're fishing for.


Ha ha!!! I caught all the Wyatt's trying to get a tan on their legs!


This is the town of Pelican, Alaska - population 163. I think it is mainly a fishing town, but I'm not so sure. The ferry goes to Pelican from Juneau once every 2 weeks during the summertime.


I'd hate to climb the steps up to this outhouse if I had to go real bad!


Cute kids! Are they locals?


Us in front of the Pelican City Hall.


This is the ferry we took - the Le Conte.


This is a not yet ripe salmonberry.


Okay . . . all vessels form a straight line.


Liked the boats against the background here.


A look into someone's window.


Looking down river from a bridge.


Bicycle parking.


99 bottles of pop on the wall, 99 bottles of pop . . .


Another view of Pelican.


Dana and I should be in the story of Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day.


I spotted little baby curls!


Eli loves it when his daddy reads to him!


Such a little girl in a great big world.


Less than an hour before we got back to Juneau, we saw a group of about 8 whales bubble feeding. Unfortunately, we didn't get very good pictures of them. But it was spectacular! We did enjoy seeing a nice sunset right after that, though.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Great pics. I am so glad you all got to go and share the day and sites together. Juneau weather and scenery doesn't get much better than that.