Tuesday, July 14, 2009

So Far this Month . . .

This month, like last, is very busy. Next week Bill and I leave for Cambodia while Marie will be staying with her Aunt Tammie. My mom worries that I won't be able to be away from Marie that long, but I know she will be very well taken care of. And I know that her Aunt Tammie and Uncle Pete will spoil her silly!
Here is what we've been up to so far this month.


I tried a new recipe for spaghetti sauce, and boy did Marie love it! This was actually her first time eating spaghetti.


Marie helped her Dad put up a new mailbox for some neighbors. The extra flag that came in the box made a good toy for the rest of the afternoon.


I'm not sure if Marie has a little cold or if she's getting ready to cut another tooth, but she has a little congestion.


Marie's new favorite thing to do is stand up and watch Baby Einstein. That way she is entertained, and she is strengthening her leg muscles.



While Bill and Geoffrey were on the Chilkoot Trail, Dana and I had a lot of fun. We watched girly movies, cooked for each other, did a little gardening (thanks Dana!), and moved some furniture around. Well, the whole moving furniture thing was at my house. After getting a bedspread to match some window shades, I had been wanting to move our bedroom from the room on the right to the room on the left (see above picture). My hesitation was the shower in the master bathroom. We have never been able to keep the door from leaking water around it. Dana, being the smart one, suggested that I just take the door off. And then the fun began! The next day Dana and I began transforming those rooms. We did hit one little snag, though. We had so much trouble with that big brown couch! It was stuck for about half an hour, not to mention the abuse it put on the wall. After Dana took the decorative wooden feet off, we had no trouble getting it unstuck. Now getting the shower door off (which was the inspiration for this whole move) was a little harder than I thought. Late on Wednesday night after Marie was already asleep, I began working on the shower door. I get to the last screw and the screw head is completely broken off! After about 2 hours of using the pliers, praying, checking for tips online, praying, almost breaking down and crying, praying, and finally a lot of wiggling, I did end up getting that stinking shower door off! It was a lot of work, but I'm pleased with how our new master suite looks now.


Here is Bill and Geoffrey after hiking the Chilkoot Trail. A little sore and a little sunburned, but it was a great experience for them both. To see pictures of that, go to wyattjourney.com and look at all the pictures posted so far this month.


Right after Bill returned from the Chilkoot Trail, we enjoyed a 4th of July picnic with our Church family.


We enjoyed babysitting Carly and Isaac one night last week. We had yummy spaghetti, then watered the plants outside, and finally enjoyed some Baby Einstein.


Yesterday, Marie's good friend Eli turned 1 year old. We enjoyed a yummy BBQ birthday party.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marie is incredibly precious. :) I can tell she really does like spaghetti! haha:) I'm glad to see she is attentive to Baby Einstein! That is a neat program. I'm sorry you had so much troublw with that shower door! <:( That sounds so frustrating. I'm glad the "move" is over for you! Hope Mr. Bill had fun hiking! The Church picnic looks very enjoyable, too:) Thanks for sharing all the photos and what you've been up to! I love you guys:) Have a great day. God loves you!