Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bird Update

Well, today I was sitting on the porch and saw both mama bird and daddy bird out of the flower basket. And it was a very warm day. And I could not resist the urge. So what did I do? Well, I checked on the baby birds. A few days ago 3 of the 5 eggs had hatched. Today only 1 of those 3 birds were in the basket, so I guess the other 2 didn't make it. But those other 2 eggs that hadn't hatched a few days ago still had not hatched today. So it's probably doubtful that those 2 will survive even if they do hatch. The flower basket was extremely in need of water - it had been more than 2 weeks since I last watered it. I made several holes in the soil and watered it that way. Hopefully that will last it a while, because I really really really am going to try to not bother the birds again. With only 1 of the 5 original baby bird eggs likely to survive, I really hope this little guy makes it.

I'm a little concerned because even though he's a little bigger that a few days ago, he still can't hold his head up. And I'm wondering if he should have more fuzz/feathers.



Mama bird or daddy bird???



Keeping a watchful eye on the baby.

No comments: