Saturday, March 21, 2009

The First Day of Spring

I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but the first day of spring in Juneau, Alaska it was snowing. Which was not big surprise really. But I do miss those days from when I lived in the South and you could count on the weather changing in line with the calender. A long winter makes up for a great summer though.

Yes, I know Marie will be 10 months old tomorrow, but she is still wearing her 6-9 month clothes. She can't help it that she's a petite little girl. I figure that within a couple of weeks she will be able to fit into 9-12 month clothes. So when I got her box of 9-12 month clothes box down from her closet, there were only 2 pants and 2 shirts! We needed some clothes fast, and we didn't want to break the bank to buy some. We went on a little shopping spree to Mommy and Me, the children's consignment store down the road. Jackpot! We found tons of things, as you can see in the picture. And I even have some money left over to buy undershirts and a few more other shirts she will be needing.
Bill told me if I blogged about her new clothes that I had to put a picture of her with the new hat that Bill picked out from the $1 rack. It is a cute hat. But it is for toddlers. Her body may be petite, but her head makes up for it! The hat is a little big now, but I'm sure she will grow into it by this summer.
While I was shopping, Bill went to a flower shop down the way a got me a rose to mark the first day of spring. He put it in the car in the pocket of the seat in from of me. Well, after I got in the car it took me a few minutes to notice that it was even there! Bill is sweet to think of me, even though I may not notice it sometimes!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That's very thoughtful of Bill.