Monday, March 16, 2009

So far this week . . .

Well, I guess Bill and I are officially South East Alaskans now. There was a sale on Xtra Tufs at Fred Meyer and Bill decided to get us each a pair. I haven't had any kind of waterproof boots. So this afternoon I got a chance to walk in the yard since it has snowed. The snow was up past my knees, but my feet stayed dry. Bill is looking forward to going hiking with his new boots. (Hint, hint, Geoffrey!)

Our friend Rachel takes regular bath towels and makes them into baby bath towels by putting hoods with a decorative ribbon on it. Now that Marie is taking baths in the big bath tub, we are really getting some good use out of the towel. It makes drying her off so easy, and it keeps her warm in the process. Thanks Rachel!

When I was growing up Mom had little holiday things, like pins and figurines, that she would set out. Now that I'm grown, Mom has given me several of those items. On Saturday I saw this cute St. Patrick's Day bear and bought it for Marie. I had 2 purposes: 1.) To have a little holiday item in Marie's room and 2.) To have something to give to Marie once she is older. Luckily, it was 50% off. That day was a good shopping day in JoAnn's, thanks to Dana for showing me the secret clearance aisle.

4 comments:

Tammie said...

I love that peaceful, content look on Marie's face. She looks like she could just drift off to sleep. . .

G.Wyatt said...

Sorry Bill. I don't hike in my extra-toughs. I hike in hiking-boots. Welcome to Southest Alaska.

Anonymous said...

I bet Marie drift right off to sleep after you took that picture! Such pretty sleepy eyes! I can't believe how big she is now!

Rachel said...

Glad you're all enjoying the towel. And I can relate to the feeling of residency when you get some extra toughs.
Rachel