Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Catching up - beginning with Ladies' Day

I do realize that it's been nearly 2 months since my last post, but things have been a little busy. So now I'll begin a catch-up series of blogs (with Ben in mind).



At the beginning of October we enjoyed having Carol, Andrea, and Clara stay with us since Carol was the speaker at our Ladies' Day at church. It really was blessing having them here - visiting them, catching up, and spending time with Clara.

As you can see here, Marie and Clara became fast friends. During their stay, Marie learned the word 'baby'.


We took one day to sight-see: out the North Douglas Hwy, out the Thane road, and then in town. It was strange but satisfying walking down the sidewalk - me and Andrea and our babies, thinking that less than 2 years ago we were not moms and now our lives have changed forever!

Carol brought us some incredible lessons from 1 Peter 3:1-6. We had a fair turnout of ladies and lots of good comments during the lessons. Hopefully we can make Ladies' Day an annual autumn event.


Early Saturday evening we went to the glacier. Afterall, you can't visit Juneau without seeing it! It was a good end to the day.

While we had a great time with them here, there's only one thing I would change: all the work Carol did. I was on-call during the weekend, and thankfully I didn't receive that many calls. But I did have to go out several times. There were times that I think Carol spent more time in my kitchen than I did! Andrea and I joked about how she is SuperMom! I must say, though, she makes some VERY yummy chocolate cookies!

No comments: