Monday, January 26, 2009

Hey everyone, this is Bill. I don't add very often, but here i go again. This picture is from a couple of days ago. A friend of mine, Geoffrey Wyatt, and I hiked out to a waterfall that is right up next to the Mendenhall glacier. You can see the glacier in the background. The wind was whipping across the lake which made the day more chilly than normal, but in the shade of the mountain here, we were relatively sheltered from the wind. This monstrous wall of ice that is behind me was the focus of my first attempt at ice climbing and let me tell you, it is hard stuff to climb down an ice wall. I got up about 20 feet and could not find a way down, so i just turned around and slid down the ice wall to the bottom. all in all, pretty fun. Thanks Geoffrey for a cool hiking day. much needed exercise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never tried Ice climbing.

Geoffrey is cool people!

Amanda's giggle on the hanging roof snow video is priceless!

God is incredible - what a beautiful world He made for us to enjoy!!!

In reguard to part of what we were talking about yesterday:

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe. Prov 29:25

Anonymous said...

OH - check out

www.myuofj.blogspto.com

Daily reading schedule and article by Denny Kruse (preacher in SW Mo that I know) I try to comment every day as well - keeps me accountable to the reading!