Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Iceberg (sort of) and Caught!

For the last few weeks Bill, Marie and I have been going to the glacier some evenings in the hopes of seeing a bear. Well, a couple of weeks ago we finally saw a bear in Juneau and it was at the glacier. It was only for about 3 seconds though, and it was so dark that the picture didn't turn out. Everyone here says that the bears are everywhere. Well, I think that is just a ploy to get tourists to come to Juneau. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the 'bear' we did see was just a teenager dressed up in costume!
Anyway, we have found other things at the glacier to keep us occupied. One night Bill pulled a little iceberg out from the lake and brought it to the shore.


Marie had fun feeling of the cold ice.


Then I made Bill show off his manly strength by throwing the iceberg back into the lake.


One afternoon I was walking in the living room and caught Marie getting into her diaper bag. She looks like she got in trouble, but I can assure you she did not. We read the book for a little while, and then Marie was a helper and put all her things back in the diaper bag.


No comments: